Ready To Be Your Voice
Everybody deserves fair treatment under the law.
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Criminal Defense
  4.  » Juvenile Crimes

What To Do When Your Child Gets Arrested

It can be terrifying to have your child accused of a crime, not least because the juvenile justice system runs differently than the adult system. You might feel powerless and uneducated. No parent wants their child to be facing consequences that could last into their adult life, like a permanent record that could affect their options for education, jobs and housing. Not to mention the possibility of your child serving jail time is real, depending on their offense.

No matter how upsetting it may be, no matter whether your child actually committed the offense or is innocent: you need an experienced juvenile crimes attorney. It is crucial to call a lawyer as soon as possible, and you shouldn’t wait until charges are filed.

How A Juvenile Crimes Lawyer Can Help

At McKay Law Firm, PLLC we will aggressively represent any person who is facing a type of juvenile crime, including, but not limited to:

  • Fighting at school
  • Battery
  • Truancy
  • Drug possession
  • Retail theft
  • Violating curfew
  • Underage drinking

There is no need to worry that your child will not receive adequate protection. Minors often have more options available to them rather than just jail or juvenile detention. Other potential outcomes include alternative sanctions or treatment centers. However, your child will need an experienced attorney who is willing to fight for your child.

Let Us Fight, While You Support Your Child

If you would like to discuss your case with one of our attorneys, please call our Little Rock office at 501-451-4705, or reach out through our online contact form. We will respond as soon as possible. Your initial consultation will be free.